LST-522 was laid down on 2 October 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 11 February 1944; sponsored by Mrs. F. F. Loeb; and commissioned on 1 March 1944, Lt. Orton P. Jackson, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-522 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. Following the war, LST-522 performed occupation duty in the Far East and China service until mid-May 1946. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 6 June 1946. On 18 October 1947, the ship was purchased by T. Y. Fong and struck from the Navy list on 22 January 1948.
LST-522 earned one battle star for World War II service.