LST-519 was laid down on 17 September 1943 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 25 January 1944; sponsored by Miss Bonnie Faye Catherwood; and commissioned on 17 February 1944.
During World War II, LST-519 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the movements of Convoy UGS-36 in April 1944 and the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. Following the war, she served with the Atlantic Fleet. Her primary mission was to dispose of condemned ammunition and radioactive waste material in deep water. LST-519 returned to the United States and was named Calhoun County (LST-519) on 1 July 1955 after counties in 11 states of the United States. She was decommissioned on 8 November 1962 and struck from the Navy list that same day.
LST-519 received two battle stars for World War II service.