LST-505 was laid down on 6 August 1943 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 27 October 1943; sponsored by Ensign Francis Nobis Berry, USNR; and commissioned on 27 December 1943, Lt. John A. Meadows in command.
During World War II, LST-505 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944 and the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. She was then assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, LST-505 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946 and saw service in China until mid-May that same year. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 11 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 16 September 1947. On 13 February 1948, the ship was sold to Bosey, Philippines.
LST-505 earned three battle stars for World War II service.