LST-495 was laid down on 14 August 1943 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 16 October 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Arthur L. Nunn; and commissioned on 23 December 1943.
During World War II, LST-495 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944 and the invasion of southern France in August and September that same year. She was then assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April and June 1945. Following the war, LST-495 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late October 1945. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 23 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 8 April 1948, the ship was sold to Kaiser Co., Inc., of Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-495 earned three battle stars for World War II service.