LST-476 was laid down on 5 August 1942 at Richmond, Calif., by Kaiser Co., Inc.; launched on 10 October 1942; and commissioned on 4 April 1943, Lt. W. J. Steffens, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-476 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Gilbert Islands operation—November and December 1943
Occupation of Kwajalein and Majuro Atolls—February 1944
Hollandia operation—April 1944
Capture and occupation of Guam—July and August 1944
Cape Sansapor operation—August 1944
Following the war, LST-476 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946. Upon her return to the United States, LST-476 was decommissioned on 12 February 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 October 1947. On 1 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Puget Sound Bridge & Dredging Co., of Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-476 earned five battle stars for World War II service.