Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-475

 

LST-475 was laid down on 10 July 1942 at Vancouver, Wash., by Kaiser, Inc.; launched on 16 November 1942; and commissioned on 20 March 1943, Lt. Comdr. T. D. Blake, USNR, in command.

 

During World War II, LST-475 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:

 

Eastern New Guinea operation:

(a) Lae occupation—September 1943

(b) Saidor occupation—January 1944

Cape Gloucester, New Britain—December 1943 and January 1944

Hollandia operation—April 1944

Western New Guinea operations:

(a) Noemfoor Island operations—July 1944

(b) Cape Sansapor operation—July and August 1944

(c) Morotai landings—September 1944

Leyte landings—October and November 1944

Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945

Balikpapan landing - July 1945

 

Following the war, LST-475 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-October 1945. Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 24 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June that same year. On 31 October 1946, she was sold to the Suwannee Fruit & Steamship Co., Jacksonville, Fla.

 

LST-475 earned six battle stars for World War II service.