LST-469 was laid down on 23 October 1942 at Vancouver, Wash., by Kaiser, Inc.; launched on 27 November 1942; and commissioned on 8 March 1943.
During World War II, LST-469 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Hollandia operation—April 1944 Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi area operation—May 1944
(b) Biak Island operation—May and June 1944
(c) Noemfoor Island operation—July 1944
(d) Cape Sansapor operation—July and August 1944
(e) Mprotai landings—September 1944
Leyte landings—October 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Following the war, LST-469 performed occupation duty in the Far East until 24 October 1945 and saw China service from 25 October to 2 November 1945. Upon her return to the United States, LST-469 was decommissioned on 27 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 1 May that same year. On 13 December 1947, the tank landing ship was sold to Hughes Bros., Inc., New York, N.Y., for scrapping.
LST-469 earned four battle stars for World War II service.