LST-468 was laid down on 20 October 1942 at Vancouver, Wash., by Kaiser, Inc.; launched on 24 November 1942; and commissioned on 5 March 1943.
During World War II, LST-468 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Eastern New Guinea operation:
(a) Lae occupation—September 1943
(b) Saidor occupation—January and February 1944
Bismarck Archipelago operation:
(a) Cape Gloucester, New Britain—December 1943 and February 1944
(b) Admiralty Island landings—March 1944
Hollandia operation—April 1944
Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Biak Island operation—May and June 1944
(b) Noemfoor Island operation—July 1944
(c) Cape Sansapor operation—July and August 1944
(d) Morotai landings—September 1944
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Mindanao Island landings—April 1945
Following the war, LST-468 returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 12 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June that same year. On 30 September 1947, the tank landing ship was sold to the Patapsco Scrap Corp., Baltimore, Md., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-468 earned seven battle stars and the Navy Unit Commendation for World War II service.