LST-467 was laid down on 17 October 1942 at Vancouver, Wash., by Kaiser, Inc.; launched on 21 November 1942; and commissioned on 3 March 1943, Lt. Milton B. Taylor, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-467 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Lae occupation—September 1943
Cape Gloucester, New Britain—December 1943 and February 1944
Hollandia operation—April 1944
Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi area operation—May 1944
(b) Biak Island operation—June 1944
(c) Noemfoor Island operation—June and July 1944
(d) Cape Sansappr operation—August 1944
(e) Morotai landings—September 1944
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Consolidation of the southern Philippines:
(a) Palawan Island landings—March 1945
(b) Visayan Island landings—March 1945
Tarakan Island operation—April and May 1945
Following the war, LST-467 returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 28 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 22 November 1946, the tank landing ship was sold to the National Metal & Steel Corp., Terminal Island, Calif.
LST-467 earned seven battle stars and the Navy Unit Commendation for World War II service.