LST-466 was laid down on 14 October 1942 at Vancouver, Wash., by Kaiser, Inc.; launched on 18 November 1942; and commissioned on 1 March 1943.
During World War II, LST-466 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Eastern New Guinea operation:
(a) Lae occupation—September 1943
(b) Saidor occupation—January 1944
Bismarck Archipelago operation:
(a) Cape Gloucester, New Britain—December 1943 and February 1944
(b) Admiralty Islands landings—February and March 1944
Hollandia operation—April and May 1944
Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi area operation—May 1944
(b) Biak Island operation—May and June 1944
(c) Noemfoor Island operation—July 1944
(d) Cape Sansapor operation—July and August 1944
Leyte landings—October 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
(a) Tarakan Island operation—April and May 1945
(b) Balikpapan operation—June and July 1945
Following the war, LST-466 performed occupation duty in the Far East in October 1945 and saw service in China in November and December 1945. Upon her return to the United States, the tank landing ship was decommissioned on 8 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 12 April that same year. On 4 June 1948, she was sold to Hughes Bros., Inc., of New York, N.Y., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-466 earned seven battle stars for World War II service.