LST-465 was laid down on 17 December 1942 at Vancouver, Wash., by Kaiser, Inc.; launched on 9 January 1943; and commissioned on 27 February 1943, Lt. L. A. Smith, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-465 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
(a) Cape Gloucester, New Britain—December 1943, January and February 1944
(b) Admiralty Islands landings—March 1944
Saidor occupation—February 1944
Hollandia operation—April 1944
Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Toem-Wakde-Sarmi area operation—May 1944
(b) Mprotai landings—September 1944
Leyte landings—-October and November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Following the war, LST-465 performed occupation duty in the Far East in October and November 1945. Upon her return to the United States, the tank landing ship was decommissioned on 8 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 12 April 1946. On 30 September 1947, she was sold to Patapsco Scrap Corp., Baltimore, Md., for scrapping.
LST-465 earned six batttle stars for World War II service.