LST-464 was laid down on 10 October 1942 at Vancouver, Wash., by Kaiser, Inc.; launched on 12 November 1942; and commissioned on 25 February 1943, Lt. Augustin K. Ridgway, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-464 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Supporting and consolidations designated by Commander 7th Fleet—May through October 1944 Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Following the war, LST-464 was redesignated LSTH-464 on 15 September and performed occupation duty in the Far East until late September 1945. The tank landing ship returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 16 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 5 March 1948, she was sold to the Port Houston Iron Works, Inc., of Houston, Tex., for non-self-propelled operation.
LST-464 earned two battle stars and the Navy Unit Commendation for World War II service.