LST-462 was laid down on 4 October 1942 at Vancouver, Wash., by Kaiser, Inc.; launched on 6 November 1942; and commissioned on 21 February 1943, Lt. C. K. Ragan in command.
During World War II, LST-462 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Hollandia operation—May 1944 Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Biak Island operation—May and June 1944
(b) Noemfoor Island operation—July 1944
(c) Cape Sansapor operation—July and August 1944
(d) Morotai landings—September 1944
Leyte landings—October 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Balikpapan operation—July 1945
Following the war, LST-462 returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 21 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 1 May that same year. On 15 December 1948, she was sold to Hughes Bros., Inc., New York, N.Y., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-462 earned four battle stars for World War II service.