LST-454 was laid down on 10 July 1942 at Vancouver, Wash., by Kaiser, Inc.; launched on 14 October 1942; and commissioned on 26 January 1943, Lt. E. R. Swantpn, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-454 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Eastern New Guinea operation:
(a) Lae occupation—September 1943
(b) Finschhafen occupation—September 1943
(c) Saidor occupation—January 1944
Admiralty Islands landings—February through March 1944
Hollandia operation—April 1944
Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Biak Island operation—May and June 1944
(b) Morotai landing—September 1944
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landings—January 1945
Visayan Island landings—March and April 1945
Balikpapan operation—June and July 1945
Following the war, LST-454 returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 25 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 1 May that same year. On 3 October 1947, the ship was sold to the Patapsco Scrap Corp., of Baltimore, Md., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-454 earned eight battle stars for World War II service.