LST-450 was laid down on 10 July 1942 at Vancouver, Wash., by Kaiser, Inc.; launched on 4 October 1942; and commissioned on 6 January 1943.
During World War II, LST-450 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Capture and occupation of Saipan—June through July 1944
Tinian capture and occupation—July 1944
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April 1945
Following the war, LST-450 was redesignated LSTH-450 on 15 September 1945. She performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. Upon her return to the United States, the tank landing ship was decpmissioned on 8 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 17 April that same year. On 16 April 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.
LSTH-450 earned three battle stars and the Navy Unit Commendation for World War II service as LST-450.