Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-430

 

LST-430 was laid down on 25 November 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 31 December 1942; and transferred to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 19 February 1943. LST-430 saw no active service in the United States Navy. The tank landing ship was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 26 January 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 8 May that same year. On 12 October 1947, she was sold to the Northern Metals Co., Philadelphia, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.