Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-427

 

LST-427 was laid down on 22 November 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 19 December 1942; and transferred to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 16 February 1943. LST-427 saw no active service in the United States Navy. The tank landing ship was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 11 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1947. On 5 December 1947, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines, and subsequently scrapped.