Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-426

 

LST-426 was laid down on 16 November 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 11 December 1942; and transferred to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 16 February 1943. LST-426 saw no active service in the United States Navy. The tank landing ship was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 23 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year. On 2 December 1947, she was sold to N. Block & Co., Norfolk, Va., and subsequently scrapped.