Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-425

 

LST-425 was laid down on 16 November 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 12 December 1942; and transferred to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 10 February 1943. LST-425 saw no active service in the United States Navy. The tank" landing ship was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 30 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1947. She was sold on 8 October 1947