Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-424

 

LST-424 was laid down on 17 November 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 12 December 1942; and transferred to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 1 February 1943. LST-424 saw no active service in the United States Navy. The tank landing ship was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 7 January 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 21 May 1946. On 3 July 1946, she was sold to Rinaldo De Haag, Italy, and subsequently scrapped.