Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-423

 

LST-423 was laid down on 1 December 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 14 January 1943; and transferred to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 24 February 1943. LST-423 saw no active service in the United States Navy. The tank landing ship was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 10 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 July that same year. On 29 December 1947, she was sold to the Northern Metals Co., Philadelphia, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.