Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-421

 

LST-421 was laid down on 11 November 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 5 December 1942; and transferred to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 26 January 1943. LST-421 saw no active service in the United States Navy. She was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 29 November 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 1 August 1947. The tank landing ship was sold to the Tung Hwa Trading Co., Singapore, on 7 October 1947 and converted for merchant service.