Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-419

 

LST-419 was laid down on 1 November 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 30 November 1942; and transferred to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 8 February 1943. LST-419 saw no active service in the United States Navy. She was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 4 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 8 July that same year. On 5 December 1947, LST-419 was sold to Bosey, Philippines, and subsequently scrapped.