Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-417

 

LST-417 was laid down on 29 October 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 24 November 1942; and transferred to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 29 January 1943. LST-417 saw no active service in the United States Navy. She was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 31 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July 1946. On 4 December 1947, LST-417 was sold to James A. Hughes, New York, N.Y., and subsequently scrapped.