Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-416

 

LST-416 was laid down on 25 October 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 30 November 1942; and transferred to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 3 February 1943. LST-416 saw no active service in the United States Navy. She was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 12 February 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June that same year. On 23 April 1948, LST-416 was sold to the Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Co., Newport News, Va., for conversion to merchant service.