LST-415 was laid down on 29 October 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 21 November 1942; and transferred to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 19 January 1943. LST-415 saw no active service in the United States Navy. She was torpedoed and beached off Thurrock, England, on 16 January 1945. The tank landing ship was returned to United States Navy custody and struck from the Navy list on 2 June 1945. The ship was sold to a local British firm in January 1948 and subsequently scrapped.