Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-412

 

LST-412 was laid down on 24 September 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 16 November 1942; and transferred to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 26 January 1943. LST-412 saw no active service in the United States Navy. She was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 23 January 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 20 March 1946. On 16 December 1947, LST-412 was sold to the Northern Metals Co., Philadelphia, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.