Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-408

 

LST-408 was laid down on 9 September 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 31 October 1942; and delivered to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 23 December 1942. LST-408 saw no active service in the United States Navy. The tank landing ship was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 4 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. On 5 December 1947, LST-408 was sold to Bosey, Philippines, and subsequently scrapped.