LST-407 was laid down on 2 September 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 5 November 1942; and delivered to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 31 December 1942. LST-407 saw no active service in the United States Navy. The tank landing ship was damaged beyond repair on 24 April 1944 and beached off Baia, Italy. The hulk was accepted by the United States Navy on 6 May 1945. On 11 July 1945, LST-407 was struck from the Navy list. Sometime in July 1945, she was sold to a local Italian firm and scrapped.