LST-406 was laid down on 1 September 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 28 October 1942; and delivered to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 26 December 1942. LST-406 saw no active service in the United States Navy. The tank landing ship was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 11 April 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1947. On 5 December 1947, LST-406 was sold to Bosey, Philippines, for scrapping.