Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-403

 

LST-403 was laid down on 23 August 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 24 October 1942; and delivered to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 8 December 1942. LST-403 saw no active service in the United States Navy. The tank landing ship was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 11 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. On 5 December 1947, the ship was sold to Bosey, Philippines, for scrapping.