Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-402

 

LST-402 was laid down on 21 August 1942 at Baltimore, Md., by the Bethlehem Fairfield Co.; launched on 9 October 1942; and transferred to the United Kingdom and commissioned on 9 December 1942. LST-402 saw no active service in the United States Navy. The tank landing ship was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 24 September 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1947. She was subsequently sold for scrap.