LST-395 was laid down on 28 September 1942 at the Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Co.; launched on 23 November 1942; sponsored by Miss Audrey Jane Terry; and commissioned on 19 Decemebr 1942, Lt. A. C. Forber, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-395 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Consolidation of southern Solomons—June 1943 New Georgia Group operation:
(a) New Georgia-Rendova-Vangunu occupation—July 1943
(b) Vella Lavella occupation—August 1943
Occupation and defense of Cape Torokina—November 1943
Hollandia operation-—April 1944
Western New Guinea operations:
(a) Biak Island operation—May 1944
(b) Cape Sansapor operation—July and August 1944
Balikpapan operation—June and July 1945
Mindanao Island landings—April 1945
Following the war, LST-395 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-October 1945. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 19 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 1 May 1946. On 26 September 1947, the ship was sold to the Boston Metals Co., Baltimore, Md., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-395 earned six battle stars and the Navy Unit Commendation for World War II service.