LST-394 was laid down on 27 July 1942 at the Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Co.; launched on 11 November 1942; sponsored by Miss Dorothy Louise Comstock; and commissioned on 15 December 1942.
During World War II, LST-394 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Invasion of southern France—August through September 1944
The ship was transferred to the United Kingdom on 24 December 1944. She was decommissioned and returned to United States Navy custody on 12 May 1946. On 19 June 1946, the tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list and sold to N. Block & Co., Norfolk, Va., on 10 December 1947 and subsequently scrapped.
LST-394 earned two battle stars for World War II service.