LST-387 was laid down on 20 June 1942 at the Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Co.; launched on 28 September 1942; sponsored by Miss Roberta Adele Fitzhugh; and commissioned on 17 November 1942.
LST-387 served in the European theater. On 22 June 1943, she was damaged by a German submarine torpedo, between Algiers and Bizerte, and subsequently repaired. The ship was decommissioned on 2 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 July 1946. On 22 December 1947, she was sold to the Northern Metals Co., Philadelphia, Pa., and scrapped.