LST-382 was laid down on 10 December 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 3 February 1943; sponsored by Miss Emily F. Cass; and commissioned on 18 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-382 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
LST-382 was transferred to the United Kingdom on 29 November 1944. On 23 January 1948, she was transferred to France on lease and ultimately sold to France for further service on 21 March 1949. The tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list on 28 April 1949.
LST-382 earned three battle stars for World War II service.