LST-381 was laid down on 10 December 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 10 February 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Everett Goodrich; and commissioned on 15 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-381 was assigned to the European theater of war and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Anzio-Nettuno advanced landings—January and February 1944
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
LST-381 was transferred to the United Kingdom on 19 December 1944. She was decommissioned on 10 June 1946 and returned to United States Navy custody. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 19 July 1946. On 11 September 1947, she was sold and subsequently scrapped.
LST-381 earned three battle stars for World War II service.