LST-380 was laid down on 10 December 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 10 February 1943; sponsored by Mrs. D. J. Calla-han; and commissioned on 15 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-380 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
LST-380 was transferred to the United Kingdom on 20 November 1944 and returned to United States Navy custody on 11 April 1946. On 7 June 1946, the tank landing ship was sold to the United States Military Government, Korea, and struck from the Navy list on 19 July 1946.
LST-380 earned three battle stars for World War II service.