LST-377 was laid down on 28 November 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 1 February 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Edward T. Dobbyn; and commissioned on 8 February 1943, Lt. A. C. Parks, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-377 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Anzio-Nettuno advanced landings — January through March 1944
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
Following the war, LST-377 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early February 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 7 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July 1946. On 1 April 1948, the tank landing ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., Bethlehem, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-377 earned four battle stars for World War II service.