LST-376 was laid down on 25 November 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 1 February 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Harold C. Pierce; and commissioned on 5 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-376 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
LST-376 was torpedoed and sunk by a German surface craft in the English Channel on 9 June 1944 and struck from the Navy list on 28 June 1944.
LST-376 earned three battle stars for World War II service.