LST-375 was laid down on 25 November 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 28 January 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Frederick C. Sachse; and commissioned on 2 February 1943.
During World War II, LST-375 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
Following the war, LST-375 performed occupation duty in the Far East in January and February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 18 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1947. On 31 December 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., Bethlehem, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-375 earned three battle stars for World War II service.