LST-373 was laid down on 14 November 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 19 January 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Louis P. Davis; and commissioned on 27 January 1943.
During World War II, LST-373 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
She was transferred to the United Kingdom on 9 December 1944. LST-373 was returned to United States Navy custody and decommissioned on 16 March 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 26 February 1946 and sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 5 November 1947.
LST-373 earned three battle stars for World War II service.