LST-372 was laid down on 14 November 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 19 January 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Paul W. Watson; and commissioned on 23 January 1943, Lt. Marvin F. Studebaker, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-372 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
Following the war, LST-372 performed occupation duty in the Far East in October and November 1945 and saw service in China in December 1945 through March 1946. Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 9 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 3 October 1947, she was sold to the Patapsco Scrap Corp., of Baltimore, Md., and subsquently scrapped.
LST-372 earned three battle stars for World War II service.