LST-370 was laid down on 31 October 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 12 December 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Frederic F. Agens; and commissioned on 13 January 1943.
During World War II, LST-370 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943 Salerno landings—September 1943 Invasion of Normandy—June 1944 LST-370 returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 7 January 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 12 April 1946 and sold to Ming-Sung Industrial Co., Ltd., on 3 February 1947 and converted for merchant service.
LST-370 earned three battle stars for World War II service.