LST-369 was laid down on 13 October 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 24 November 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Claude L. Turner; and commissioned on 8 January 1943.
During World War II, LST-369 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
LST-369 was transferred to the United Kingdom on 29 November 1944 and returned to United States Navy custody on 29 November 1946. She was struck from the Navy list on 1 August 1947. On 7 October 1947, she was sold to the Tung Hwa Trading Co., Singapore.
LST-369 earned three battle stars for World War II service.