LST-368 was laid down on 13 October 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 24 November 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Joseph T. Hazen; and delivered to and commissioned by representatives of the United Kingdom on 4 January 1943. She was returned to United States Navy custody on 16 March 1943.
During World War II, LST-368 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the occupation of Saidor in eastern New Guinea in February 1944. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 16 March 1946. The tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list on 17 April 1946 and was destroyed on 16 June 1948.
LST-368 earned one battle star for World War II service.