Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-367

 

LST-367 was laid down on 13 October 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 24 November 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Alfred W. Anthony, Jr.; and delivered to and commissioned by representatives of the United Kingdom on 29 December 1942. She was returned to United States Navy custody on 17 December 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 21 January 1946. On 18 March 1948, the tank landing ship was sold to the Great Atlantic Iron & Steel Corp. for scrapping.