Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-366

 

LST-366 was laid down on 1 October 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 11 November 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Kenneth Blood; and delivered to and commissioned by representatives of the United Kingdom on 21 December 1942. She was returned to United States Navy custody on 26 January 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946. The tank landing ship was sold to N. Block & Co., Norfolk, Va., for scrapping.