Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-365

 

LST-365 was laid down on 14 October 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 11 November 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Miles Sherman; and delivered to and commissioned by representatives of the United Kingdom on 14 December 1942. She was struck from the Navy list on 15 October 1946 and returned to United States Navy custody on 10 December 1946. On 5 June 1947, the tank landing ship was sold to Fresh Frozen Foods, Ltd., Ayrshire, Scotland, for conversion for merchant service.