Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-363

 

LST-363 was laid down on 2 September 1942 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 26 October 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Kendall Preston; and delivered to and commissioned by representatives of the United Kingdom on 30 November 1942. The tank landing ship was returned to United States Navy custody on 26 January 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 12 April 1946. On 4 December 1947, she was sold to N. Block & Co., Norfolk, Va., for scrapping.